As a business owner, every expense requires justification. So, why would you outsource anything that you can do yourself? And how can this additional expense help you to actually grow your business?
Sometimes, it is easy to believe that not spending money is the same thing as making a business saving. Not the case!
Imagine your time as money (in my opinion, it’s more valuable). As a business owner, you’ll have skills and knowledge that others in your business don’t have. You have the vision and focus to take the business to the next stage. So, every minute you spend IN the nuts and bolts of your business is an expense of your time.
An ability to perform a task doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t be outsourced. Some questions I’d invite you to ask yourself:
- Is book-keeping simply something you know you must do (however much you don’t want to?
- Do you often find (or look for!😉) more important things to do than your monthly accounts?
- Are there more numbers and data than you know what to do with?
- Does your ‘to do’ list often contain more admin based tasks than you’re comfortable with?
- Would your skills be better used elsewhere if you could free up some admin time?
For many business owners the answer to most (or more likely, all) of these questions is ‘YES’.
Outsourcing is a smart way of addressing these issues.
Investing in an outsourced bookkeeper allows that expense of your time to be reinvested into your business; you can put your focus where only YOUR focus is needed.
With so much accounting software now cloud based, outsourcing your bookkeeping has become a simple process. Bookkeepers are able to use your exiting software and you still have full access to your accounts. The old-school paperwork has largely become digital and can be shared using a number of different softwares.
And, as a lovely add on, this will lead to a reduction in your paper usage (and wastage) saving your business money whilst helping the environment.
Some of the differences between Do It Yourself bookkeeping and Outsourcing your bookkeeping:
- Spending too much time on something you don’t need to
- Juggling bookkeeping with your ‘actual’ job
- You’re not focussing on your zone of genius
- It adds stress to your working life
- Having an expert on hand when you need them
- Regain some of your precious time
- Reduce stress
- Grow your business by focussing where you are best used
Once you’ve made the decision to lighten your load and outsource some (or all) of your bookkeeping admin, why not book a chat with me to see how I can help you. Whether it is a one-off project to tidy up your records, or ongoing assistance on a monthly basis, I’ll be able to offer you a package that suits your needs.
Why not check out my other blogs.